Choosing Your New Pet
Consider your lifestyle
Whether you are considering a dog or a puppy, a cat or a kitten, or even a hamster or rabbit, ask yourself a few basic questions:
- Do you have the time to commit, not only to the animal’s basic needs, but also to building a great relationship with your pet?
- Are you financially able to provide quality food, supplies and veterinary care for your pet?
- Does anyone in your family have allergies?
- Will the animal be well-suited to all members of the household?
- Are you looking for a pet that has a lot of energy to match your lifestyle or one that is more laid back?
- Do you plan to move or have children in the near future?
The top three reasons for someone needing to surrender a pet are:
- A move to a new home that will not allow pets
- The pet is not good with a new family member or family member has allergies
- The onset of behavior or medical issues
If an animal on our website has caught your eye, or if you are just starting the search for your new pet, come in for a visit and allow us to guide you to your new best friend!